Join us on Friday, August 16, 2019 from 6-9 PM in Historic Makawao Town.
August will be celebrated as our grand finale parties for Makawao Third Friday (M3F) after an 8-year run and we are going out with a bang! There will be several pop-up parties, sales, and gatherings inside of Makawao Merchant stores! This is a rain or shine FREE community event. Baldwin Avenue is closed from the top of Makawao Avenue down to Brewer Street beginning at 5:15 PM. Guests joining our M3F block party can enjoy free entertainment, a variety of food trucks and booths, arts and crafts and plenty of great local shopping and restaurants.
MAIN STAGE ENTERTAINMENT
-Keiki Storytelling with Genie Calagna Owens of Roots School 6-6:20 PM
-Jimmy Dillion Band 6:30-7:30 PM
-Travastar Starlight Fire and Light Show 7:30-7:45 PM
-Jimmy Dillion Band 8-8:45 PM
Keiki Book Exchange Sponsored by Roots School – Please bring your lightly used keiki books to exchange for new to you books
· Maui Da Lux with face painting in the Keiki Zone
· Bouncy House in the Keiki Zone
· Classic life-size yard games provided by Yard Games Hawaii
· Game Show Lite with Magic Brenton. Prizes given for correct answers about Makawao
· Maui’s well-known and beloved Relic will be performing in the Maui Hands lot, across from Casanova Restaurant
· Lei making station with Makamae
· Fire Show Performance on Main Stage by Pacific Cirque with Travis French
· Stilt walking by Melissa Bruck
· Gong Fu Tea Ceremony & Womb Sanctuary Lounge provided by YoniEggs.com and Silk Sky Teas & Tonics
· Makawao Third Friday favorite Get Up and Dance, a Maui line dance group, will have you dancing like nobody’s watching! 6:45-7:30 PM
· Maui Hands will have artist in residence, Steve Rinaldi, designer/drafter
· The wonderful Maui Classic Cruisers Club will be showing off their hot rods, muscle cars, and vintage machines at the top of Baldwin Avenue to the bottom by Brewer Road. Guests can talk story with some of Maui’s coolest car owners, aunties, uncles and Makawao historians. Such a treasure for all!
· Complimentary popcorn & drinks available at Equity One and Holiday & Co.
· Special Third Friday markdown sale at Collections
· Complimentary pupus, wine, and cheese at Cultural Creations Gallery
· Other special offers and pop-up parties can be found at Tigers Eye Salon, Fleur De Lei, Sherri Reeves Gallery and The Mercantile
· Pearl Rose will be performing in front of Designing Wahine with surprises for the keiki
M3F FOOD COURT & RESTAURANTS:
Guests may join us for dinner at one of our many award-winning Makawao Restaurants or enjoy our pop-up food court along Baldwin Avenue. Lots of new vendors are joining our regular M3Fs adding a variety of great eats and treats.
MAHALO TO OUR DONORS AND SPONSORS:
A big Mahalo to the Office of Economic Development, County of Maui, Maui Visitors Bureau and HMSA. Makawao Merchants Association is grateful for the Makawao Merchants who continue to support our M3F community event. If you are interested in giving back to your community and participating in an exciting monthly event, please visit www.makawaomerchants.org to discover sponsorship opportunities and to donate.
MAHALO TO OUR “RAISE A TENT CAMPAIGN” SPONSORS
Janet, Peter & Shawn Naramore of Antique Boutique; John Eckhart of Maui Master Jewelers; HMSA; Georgianna Tamayose of Island Sotheby’s; Giovanni Cappelli of Casanova Restaurant; Sunny Jordan; Scott Pendergast; and Jennie Spencer of Collections Maui.
MAHALO TO OUR STAGE DONOR:
Sherri Reeve Gallery & Gifts
FREE PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
· Makawao Municipal Parking Lot on Makawao Avenue (next to library)
· Makawao Base yard (Across from St. Joseph's Church)
· 2 Parking lots on Brewer Road
|MORE INFORMATION||Visit Website|